Stations between Churchgate and Borivali-Virar-Dahanu

As a kid I used to try and memorize the names of the railway stations while traveling with my parents from Goregaon to Mumbai Central. After every few minutes I would ask them what would be the next station and then try to remember the exact order - Goregaon, then Jogeshwari, then Andheri...

The other day, I saw a kid traveling with his mom in a local train doing exactly the same thing. And then, ever since I shifted to Navi Mumbai, I would end up reading the names of the stations in the list pasted on the ceiling just above the footboard. Now, many trains do not have that list. So I thought I'd list out the stations in the right order so that you can refer to it whenever you plan to travel on a route you don't take frequently.

Here's the list of stations between Churchgate and Borivali-Virar-Dahanu for your handy reference and I hope it helps you:



PS 1 - Stations in red arewhere the fast trains halt.
PS 2 - If you intend to have this list on your site, kindly link back.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The list is very helpful. I can relate with your experience and understand how difficult it was to memorize the station names, as a kid or even now. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That was very helpful. I can relate with your experience and understand how it was difficult it was to memorize the station names and the order, as a kid or even now. Thank you!

Unknown said...

This is very helpful Anuradha! Hope you're planning to do one map for the Central Railway as well. I can relate to this experience so well. I would like to mention that commuter trains generally ply down till Virar and MEMU trains ply beyond Virar till Dahanu. Also, Borivli trains become slow trains after Andheri while Virar trains generally turn slow after Borivli. I'm not entirely sure whether if the pattern exists till Mumbai Central.

Anonymous said...

hey its great really........thanks

Anonymous said...

This is very much helpful to some one new