THE GOOD COMMUTER 3-POINT PLEDGE

Take THE GOOD COMMUTER 3-POINT PLEDGE THIS INDEPENDENCE DAY.


 
Yes, we have so many complaints against the system and services. And many of us think there is nothing much we can do about it. BUT WE CAN make the smaller differences. This Independence Day, let's pledge to do what we can to make the local trains, platforms and the city a cleaner place. 


Join us in the 3-POINT PLEDGE below and share with us your stories. The best stories will be published on this blog.

1 - If I notice people littering in / from the trains / platforms, I will politely ask them not to do so (When other commuters notice you doing so, they will also stop littering and ask others from doing so)
2 - If I notice youngsters performing stunts in trains, I will interrupt / call the helpline number 1275 immediately.
3 - If I take a train to the last station and I know no one will board my compartment at that time, I will switch off the fans.
 

If you are all set to join us in this mission, Please comment 'I Pledge' here and please share. 

LET'S MAKE THIS A VERY HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Join us in this initiative on Facebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a bit upset this (29th August 2013) morning at 10:40 when i used the railway smart card in the machine, i received a blank ticket The machine ate up my money. When i told the man at the ticket counter and showed him the blank ticket, he told me that i would have to write a letter for the refund of the money and give the letter to the station master since the transaction was not done at the ticket counter, as the money was not recorded in the system of the ticket counter and so he could not give me a ticket instead. Although i lost just Rs. 10 for the single ticket, i was displeased with the whole situation. I could have lost more money if I happened to take a return ticket or just had chosen a longer destination. Just wanted to share it with you since you are so much into railway stuff. Apologies if I disturbed you.I was a bit upset this morning at 10:40 when i used the railway smart card in the machine, i received a blank ticket The machine ate up my money. When i told the man at the ticket counter and showed him the blank ticket, he told me that i would have to write a letter for the refund of the money and give the letter to the station master since the transaction was not done at the ticket counter, as the money was not recorded in the system of the ticket counter and so he could not give me a ticket instead. Although i lost just Rs. 10 for the single ticket, i was displeased with the whole situation. I could have lost more money if I happened to take a return ticket or just had chosen a longer destination. I dint write a complaint. I am not a daily train traveller. I board a train when im in a hurry and today was one such day. Raksha Bandhan you see. Anyway, il share it on your page. Vashi station, 10.40 AM. Thank you for hearing me out. -Roseann Viegas

Haddock said...

First of all let me take that pledge and say "I Pledge"
I am not in Mumbai nor do I travel by the local but one thing I must say, the Mumbai railway is doing a splendid job by running those trains at an interval of 3 minutes with minute precision.
These three are good and valid points and if every commuter follow these simple things it will make a difference in the long run.